1. Masking tape is your friend.
- We used it to hold the new bolts to our allen wrenches during install
- Cover painted areas that you are working on to minimize scratches
2. Use the 2 wrench method to install base plate
- Rick came up with the idea of using 2 wrenches to hold the bolts in place while lining up the base plate plate. This works like a charm to line up to the threaded sections of the base plate
3. The angle of the bottom bolt is extreme
- This bolt is hard to see when peering through the hole but this picture gives you an idea of how the wrench must be angled
- We did not install the new bolts in this location on our last Exige as it was blocked by metal plate. The raceVIEWs never loosened up on the Exige even after 3.5yrs of use. We left them off of our Project Elise as well to see if it will stand up. We did use some serviceable threadlocker on the bolts. We expect it will be fine as our kit is much lighter than the stock mirrors so 2 bolts should be fine....are we channeling our inner Colin Chapman? ;^)